View Single Post
Old 08-25-2015, 01:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to DGTess
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdy96 View Post
Hey y'all! I'm going through recruitment now at an SEC school (I know, I'm sure it's obvious which one) and I could not be more excited to find my home! Christ-centered community is so important to me, and I know I will find it within our unique Greek system. I've heard many rumors from older friends, but I'm going in open-minded and making opinions for myself. Of course I won't be posting til a day or two after each round, but I wanted to introduce you to the characters, who will be from my favorite book series, Harry Potter!

Uncle Vernon: My best friend's mom wrote my recommendation here, and I don't know anyone in this house.

Aunt Petunia: The girlfriend of one of my teachers just graduated from my school and was an Aunt Petunia, and she wrote my recommendation. I also know a couple girls in this house through freshman retreats.

Harry Potter: My grandmother was a Harry! She is excited for me, but also wants me to go wherever I feel at home. I only know one girl in this house from high school, but she did not have a great reputation at home, so I'm hesitant.

Hermione Granger: I know a couple girls in this house through camp connections, and a family friend of mine introduced me to a national officer for Hermione, who wrote my recommendation.

Ron Weasley: I don't know any girls in this house but have heard many good things, and the mother of a dear friend from church, who I am also close to, wrote my recommendation.

Neville Longbottom: I know several girls in this house through school and camp, and am very excited to visit! A friend of a friend wrote my recommendation for Neville.

Luna Lovegood: I don't know anyone personally in this house, but one of my favorite teachers wrote my recommendation.

Ginny Weasley: I don't know anyone in this house, and could not find a recommendation.

Hagrid: One of my very best friends is in this house! I can't wait to visit. A friend of my mom's from work wrote my recommendation.

Sirius Black: I don't know anyone in this house, and am slightly hesitant based on what I've heard. A friend of a friend wrote my recommendation here.

Professor McGonagall: I know a couple people in this house through camp, and a friend's mom wrote my recommendation.

Dumbledore: Many of my past camp counselors were Dumbledores, but all of them have graduated. Someone I look up to very much at church wrote my recommendation, and she was President of her chapter!

I'm so excited to finally share this "magical" experience with all of you!
Probably the best introductory post I've read on GC; thank you