View Single Post
Old 01-28-2018, 12:46 PM
GreekChat Member

I am so sorry I’ve taken so long to update. I’ve had a death in the family, so the last week has been a bit of a blur. I still wanted to come and finish my story for you all.

Preference!
I woke up incredibly nervous to receive my schedule for the day. I tried to calm down by reminding myself how lucky I was to be here and how much fun I had had over the past couple of days. In the moment it didn’t really seem to help, although I do applaud myself for trying to be reasonable during such an emotional moment. After what felt like an eternity I finally received my schedule, discovering that I had been asked back to:
Anne Shirley
Laura Ingalls
I won’t lie. I was definitely upset that Fern Arable had dropped me. I was also sad that I seemed to have finally understood and appreciated the sisterhood at Ramona Quimby too late. I wasn’t surprised that I had been dropped by Nancy Drew, but I honestly hadn’t expected for Anne Shirley to keep me either. I went to the bathroom, let out a couple of tears, and quickly dusted myself off. I still had two wonderful chapters that were interested in having me as a sister!

Anne Shirley: I could immediately feel how serious today was in comparison to the last two. The ceremony was beautiful, and I truly felt like I could find my home in Anne Shirley. One of the sisters asked me how I was feeling, and I admitted that I was torn between both them and Laura Ingalls. She assured me that I could find an amazing sisterhood within Anne Shirley, and I wholeheartedly believed her.
Laura Ingalls: Here. This was where I needed to be. I thought I had had the best time at Anne Shirley, but it truly didn’t compare to the way I felt during my entire visit with Laura Ingalls. Everything felt right within this house. I cried during the ceremony, I cried while talking to the actives, I cried while leaving. I couldn't help myself. I had felt at home all week with Laura Ingalls, and I honestly felt like I had known I had found my home here all along.

Tonight’s ranking was not a simple one. Part of me felt like Anne Shirley was the way to go. I would get to share such a special connection with my mom, the sisters seemed truly interested in me, and overall I had enjoyed my time with them throughout the week. But then there was Laura Ingalls. All week I had placed them at the top of my list, raving about how wonderful and likeminded the girls in this house were. After a lot of internal struggling, I decided what I needed to do. I ranked them:
Laura Ingalls
Anne Shirley
I went home and cried from how emotionally draining the entire process had been. I didn't want to have made the wrong decision. I also didn’t want to experience how painful rejection would be if Laura Ingalls didn’t want me. I had been so excited for Bid Day all week, and now I was just afraid.