View Single Post
Old 12-10-2017, 10:25 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
To be blunt, what the hell is wrong with this generation? They don't think twice about posting pictures all across the internet of drunken body shots, but when it comes to standing up for a principle in which they're entirely in the right, they cower immediately. I know that's a sweeping generalization, but I just don't get it.
It's our generation, not our members. Those of us in leadership positions in our various alumni capacities would be the folks hiring (or being) the lawyers to challenge the school's unconstitutional efforts. What infuriates me though is that so many of these schools own Greek councils voted unanimously to shut down operations. That's game/set/match right there.

If the NIC and NPC are not on a nationwide basis coordinating between national offices and national offices with all chapters, then we as their constituents are not getting the services or the leadership we are paying for. I can say that at my little school, when our FSL advisers have convinced our IFC delegates to vote a certain way as to cede autonomy to the school, our national organizations have coordinated well in putting the kibosh on that sort of thing. Has NPC done some serious pushback at Texas State? Have they weighed in whatsoever? As an alumnus at a school where other groups are rumored to do stupid things or are currently being disciplined for certain things, this is very concerning. What if we've just signed a new mortgage on a facility and the school pulls this sort of thing? What happens to all of the colonies? I've similarly expressed my frustrations to university officials and get responses along the lines of "we think this is a problem to and we will pass your concerns along to IFC."

How the eff is our IFC not already talking about this?
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma