View Single Post
Old 07-15-2003, 02:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by cristinasmile
Like I've said before, I am now creating a women's group. I'd like to call it a Greek name, however right now it's a woman's group not a sorority. But in the future, maybe it would become one.
If you use a greek name, you will be a greek letter organization. Since you are limiting it to women, you will be referred to as a sorority. So if you create the group, actually get members, you will be a local sorority.

Once you are an established group on your campus you may have a national group approach yours with an offer to become a part of their group. Or you may approach NPC to see if any of their groups are interested in your local sorority. Then you might become a colony of that national sorority. You give up your letters and become an initiated members of the national group, incorporating their symbols & traditions. And once your members are initiated you will become a chapter of that national/international organization.

Woman's Group or Sorority, same thing, you need to get with your student life director to see if your university is open to this.

Last edited by Kristin AGD; 07-15-2003 at 02:53 PM.