View Single Post
Old 07-11-2006, 09:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionTamer
Take time putting your schedule together.

If you're not a morning person, don't fool yourself into thinking you'll be up and at 'em for a 7:30 class. If you fall asleep around 4 every afternoon, don't take a 3:30 class where they're going to be showing films or PowerPoint presentations in a darkened auditorium.

Also - if you are hopeless in a particular subject which is required to graduate:
This may only work at schools with huge sports systems, but when I failed Calculus at Giant State U (in spite of tutoring and intensive studying), someone suggested I find out when the football team took Calculus. Huh? Well, it turns out that some classes are way over-subscribed with sports stars who may not be the sharpest knives in the drawer. They're popular with the Jocks because the person in charge of team scholastics (and keeping the Big Dummies eligible) has discovered that they may be paced or graded so that even Mouth Breathers can stay in school. I was the only female in the class, (and the only person who weighed under 250) and I kid you not, all the CALCULUS tests were all true/false, and a 51 was a passing grade.

And yes, I passed (barely - thank God for the matricies chapter at the end of Calc, where I got 100%, because that pulled me up to a 52% and a barely-passing D.)
Why didn't I have smart friends like that to tell me these kinds of things when I was in college?