View Single Post
Old 05-22-2005, 11:16 PM
ADPiZXalum

I was the ropes course director at a camp for a while and the low ropes are also very beneficial for team building. The highs are usually (depending on the element) geared more towards individual tasks while others cheer you on. The lows facilitate more cooperation and communication. You could also do a search for ropes courses OR look into some local camps. That would be SOOO much fun. Where I worked we always had small groups come in during the non summer months(all different types of groups from schools and other places even though it was a Baptist camp). We had anywhere from 20 to 200. Anyway, they stayed in cabins, had access to swimming and scheduled to do the ropes course. That is pretty cheap per person and gives lots of options. They usually have huge meeting rooms with access to tvs, vcrs, dvd players, dry erase boards, etc. I did a search for "camps Southern California and got a lot of results. THe only bad thing is that summer is HERE and you would have to wait until right before school started. Anyway, that seems like it would be fun, but I worked at one of these places for so long and made it fun for them. Good luck in your search! If you have any questions about how this camp idea might work, pm me.