View Single Post
Old 11-29-2017, 04:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Red face Wanting to Give Greek Another Chance

Hello!

I am a freshman at my university and haven't had the typical sorority experience so far. I went through formal recruitment this fall and was in a sorority. I left before initiation so I can give Greek life a second chance next year. I wasn't fitting in with the women in the chapter I received a bid for, the chapter doesn't get involved much if at all in the Panhellenic community, and don't treat each other the way sorority sisters should. I went through recruitment to find a loving and supportive home in college, but felt like I was in a toxic one. Many other women have left the chapter for the reasons I did, including initiated members, so I know I'm not alone.

Because I plan on going through recruitment next fall I am wanting to find out what I should be taking into consideration as a sophomore that has already received a bid before. Throughout my recruitment experience, keeping an open mind was always emphasised. It is good to have an open mind in this process, but I don't think this is something I can do now that I have a decent amount of knowledge about the sorority community at my school. I'm really hoping I can find solutions for my concerns, get insightful advice, and possibly make connections with women on this site.