View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 04:50 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriDeltaSallie View Post
What kind of work are you looking for?
Web hosting or web development related would probably be the best fit for me. However, I'm pretty much a do-it-all computer geek in a way, so there are many areas of computer work that I could get into. Building / repairing computers, servers, networks, setting up software, security (from hacking & viruses), data security, etc, etc. If I was the only tech person at a company (of course, depending on size) I'm confident I could handle every aspect of their network, computers, servers, website development & hosting, etc.

If I go on the job hunt I'll be focusing on web hosting & web development with a preference towards a job that would include the opportunity to spend time on & learning serious skills in PHP & MySQL type programming. (PHP & MySQL development level skills would also enable me to build really interesting custom features for GC.)

As for my dream job... I think I would absolutely love working for you. Well, for you, the other GC subscribers and any advertisers who also help to support the site. I'm very skeptical about that even being possible, but if the subscriber turnout does make it possible I would be able to put a very serious effort into GC. The result I believe would be extremely valuable to everyone who uses this site. One thing I've learned is that while it's important to volunteer for good causes (and GC is a very good cause) I cannot spend my life doing it for close to free. At least not anymore. We'll see how things go with GC subscriptions over the next few weeks. I think it would be great even if GC could turn into a dream part-time job.
^^^ Help Support GC ^^^