View Single Post
Old 04-18-2016, 08:10 PM
GreekChat Member

BG (Beloved Granddaughter) is a Senior!

Beloved Granddaughter is actually a Senior; in about three weeks she will become an Alumna (is that right?) of Zeta. I can't thank FSUZeta enough for her patience with my PM's when that road of sisterhood got kind of rocky. And I can't believe this road has lasted almost four years! She won't actually graduate until December, because there were just too many classes that she "had" to take before she finally gave it all up.

She has made the Dean's List the last three semesters, and thinks this might be that elusive 4.0 semester. She will be doing a Study Abroad program in London this Summer for six weeks, and is so incredibly excited! We all love Britain. There is a Facebook page for the students who will be there and they are busily planning their weekend jaunts to other places. Her dad will be in Amsterdam on business during the last week of her classes, so her mom will fly to Amsterdam when his meetings are over, they will explore for a couple of days and then join BG in London for the flight home.

She has made several friends who all feel they will be friends forever. Some of them came here during Spring Break; they were all so comfortable together and comfortable with each others' families (they had spent part of Spring Break in Dallas with another family). They have said they want to come back here for a few days before she leaves for London and they are separated for the Summer.

I know I am raving on, but Greek Chat has been my fall back place for four years and I wanted to say how grateful I am (see? I spelled it right!) to all of you; I absorbed knowledge even when I wasn't saying much. Thank you all.