View Single Post
Old 11-26-2018, 11:49 AM
GreekChat Member

How about this question?

I am sorry everyone. I am not Greek. I have a question about Greek life and the rules that are supposed to stand as of today with your organizations. The question arose that only full time students are allowed membership into frats and sororities. Not to sound rude or anything but the responses to that question are pretty lame and I think much outdated. The only response to someone asking if part time students can join is that they "just can't"? Ridiculous. Is change a part of these organizations or are we still living in the past even pay n 2018? Here's my question, before I start pointing fingers, is whole bordering on discrimination, if a part time students works just as hard as a full time students to go to school and achieve academic success, is there success less in the eyes of someone who went full time? I think not. And this where I have the problem. Some part time students are going to school part time because of disabilities. If you are familiar with the disability programs with social security then you would know that they only allow you to go part time. That does not mean that that person still doesn't have a family tradition or dream of becoming Greek that seems to be shattered all because of one mere class. At the risk of losing their medication, insurance, and check that sustains them just as anyone else who works doesn't seem to be a requirement to join an organization that is SUPPOSED to be about uplifting individuals. Most of the people who are part time are already secure in the financial obligations with school and life. There are people who are Greek and went to school full time that don't give a. Damn about what other are doing and are doing farvworst. Now to me , those already secure are the type of people I would want in my organization. Not the latter. The will and determination to successfully become Greek is not an factor. How can this be overlooked? Are you saying that your education is better than mine? Are you saying that you are more capable of doing something than I am because your full time? Let's get off our high horses and start doing some work and addendums to outdated policies. It's 2018 not 1900. It's downright sickening and I am almost ashamed of everyone who believes in discriminating one group feom another.