View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Kates View Post
Seems like a good idea to be educated, none the less. Some NPC groups require their members/chapters to follow NPC Resoutions regardless of whether their College Panhellenic has adopted them as policy.
But the resolution doesn't outright bar anyone from doing anything. It "recommends" and "encourages." If NPC doesn't want women to do it, they need to word it thusly: "Each College Panhellenic shall prohibit its members from participation in men's recruitment events and alter their bylaws to reflect same."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Kates View Post
The resolution regarding bid signing means exactly that. It is in reaction to several cases of undue influencing of PNMs. Questions can be asked at any time and should be prior to private time to fill out and sign the MRABA.
I would hope that either 1) the PNMs are extremely well educated prior to the day as to EVERYTHING that can come up regarding bid card signing (i.e. suiciding, putting one group down doesn't make the computer toss you out, if you put them down you're bound to them etc) - better yet put it in writing and give them a sheet when they walk in, like many polling places did when they switched from paper ballots or 2) there's a regional Panhel rep or someone extremely well versed in the procedure for them to ask questions of when they come to sign...because you know that sometimes you don't think of something until it's at hand.

Good intentions, and I also don't like the idea of signing a card with your Rho Chi hovering over you, but I have a horrid vision of this going too far and a school with a male GA who doesn't know squat about NPC rush being the only one they can ask and mass mayhem resulting.

Last edited by 33girl; 03-29-2011 at 07:29 PM.