Thread: Wearing Letters
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2020, 03:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGD-GRAD View Post
Reading this made me think...when I was an undergrad—and for a few years after—most college towns had a GREEK SHOP of some kind. They sold bumper stickers, keychains, glasses, cups, T-shirts, a variety of jewelry, etc.
And you could ORDER sweatshirts or jerseys with sewn-on letters in a variety of patterns.
I haven’t seen one of those shops in YEARS. But then I haven’t been all over the country.

So...fellow Greek Chatters...are those small Greek shops still around, or is everything online now?
Your post has me curious, as I haven't been to my alma mater's hometown in eight years. Normally the student bookstores each had a floor or large section devoted to Greek merchandise, including the ability to choose embossed/stitched/sewn letters for clothing purchases.

The only stand-alone Greek merch store I remember closed some twenty years ago, and it had been right at the edge of campus. That was about the time most NPC groups already sold greek merch by mail thru their orgs, at least ours did, and ours strongly encouraged purchases Thru HQ Only to receive QUALITY & PROPERLY LICENSED greek items.

But times change, so I'll devote a bit of time exploring and asking around concerning Greek merch stores next time I visit.

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.

Last edited by Cheerio; 10-25-2020 at 09:57 PM.