View Single Post
Old 08-20-2005, 08:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: What Not to Say to a Released PNM

Quote:
Originally posted by honeychile
Seriously. We once had a freshman transfer in time to go ADPi, get initiated, then transfer to school in the South - where she was accepted as transfer sister. We later found out that she had gone to XYZ School, suicided ADPi, and didn't get a bid. Once she found out that she would have been the very next person on their bid list, she transferred to Pitt, etc. Frankly, I admired her ingenuity! She couldn't be an "official" sister at the Southern school until the next term (when someone was studying abroad), but it worked out well for her.
Not long ago for a few years Bama's Administration delayed Formal Recruitment to the week+ before Labor Day. I remember one PNM that had gone through at another large competitive Greek campus whose Recruitment was still prior to school. She got cut by the GLO she wanted yet transferred here in time specifically to go through our process. What amazed me so much was that I had always assumed there would be a little more red tape to wade through in transferring schools. It had to have been only about a 2-3 week timeframe.

FYI - we had received a "heads-up" call from our Chapter's Pres on the 1st campus. Sorry I have no idea how it worked out because we weren't the GLO she wanted and I didn't follow up on it. But I always wondered how that discussion would have gone. Would it be viewed as a positive thing like "Wow, look how much she loves us! She went through all this trouble just to have a chance to be one of us!"? Or would it be viewed negatively like "She doesn't care at all about us personally. All she wants are the XYZ letters."? I'd also want to know why she was cut by the 1st XYZ too.