View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 12:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ree-Xi View Post
Because it's close, it's affordable, it has a variety of towns and experiences, and it's nice? We've stayed in Chatham, Hyannis, Orleans, Dennisport and Falmouth, and of course, Nantucket and MV.

If you live there, I know you have a different experience. We had friends in Orleans and though their business was dependent on tourists, they loathed them.
The Cape definitely has two personalities, tourist season and winter. I don't mind tourists too much (as much as I used to), my real peeve is people that rent or own property for the summer and then claim to live there. Sure, from the months of May to September you may live in Falmouth/any other town, but you live in a suburb of Boston for the other months of the year. IMO if you aren't here for all of the off season, you aren't a Cape resident.

I love the Cape though, the summer definitely brings a lot more to do. Unfortunately I won't be here because I'll be performing all summer with the Spartans Drum & Bugle Corps. At least I get the middle to end of August and early September when it's still nice out.