View Single Post
Old 09-26-2017, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ari115 View Post
Hello, a little unsure on what to do. I didn't rush this fall because I made the last minute decision that I wanted to join Greek life and it was too late for me to register...I will be transferring to the University of Florida next fall and will be a junior. I know Greek life is pretty big there & competitive from what I've heard. I'm worried I'll have almost no chance of getting a bid as a junior. Some of the sororities at my current school have informal recruitment in the spring. I'm wondering if I should try that & when I transfer hope the same sorority at UF will accept me? Or should I skip informal recruitment & try to rush as a junior next year? I really want to be a part of a sorority but worried I've missed my chance.
This is all up to you but some info:

1. I can tell you that it will be an uphill battle doing formal recruitment at a school like UF as a junior transfer, but it is not necessarily impossible. You just have to know that not every chapter is going to be interested in you and be okay with that.

2. Every sorority has its own process for affiliation of transfers. Not every sorority automatically accepts transfer sisters. Would you feel better or worse if you were in a sorority, actively on a campus, but not accepted to affiliate?

Again, every sorority is different so I cannot speak in absolutes. Best of luck with whatever you decide.

Lakers Nation.