View Single Post
Old 08-17-2017, 06:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Well there you have it. A few on here saying that their daughter or a friend's daughter didn't have recs and ended up with a Bid. Plus her suitemate (also from the north with no clue or recs) had two of her top choices come today. It isn't my daughter's grades I know that, looks (nope), activities or awards. So maybe there is a personality issue. Maybe because of her health she was just a little off her game. We will never know. Maybe not personal at all. Maybe just a numbers game.

My daughter really bonded with yet another group and really liked them. No invite for preference round. The other group she had been trying to find a connection with. She is so grateful to them for keeping her on their list. However, she is just not feeling it. She is trying to meet different sisters but every conversation was forced and she just didn't have that "home" feeling there

She did take them up on the preference round invitation. This time also trying to see if she thought the other recruits were more her speed. Unfortunately, in the end she decided she would withdraw. She never likes to do something half heartedly and didn't want to potentially take a spot away from someone who really, really wanted it.

She is o.k. Not going to lie, it stings as much as in the end not getting a bid. She keeps wondering how things went so well with so many others yet no invite back. She moved through the stages pretty quickly. Right now she is with her 3 suitemates (all of whom ended up with their top two houses) and celebrating the end of their week and their excitement and anticipation over which house they will get. She is also still planning to go to dinner with her Pi Chi group for the big Pi Chi reveal and to celebrate with those girls.

She has already registered for COB and is planning to attend church Sunday and introduce herself to the university kids, go to swim club meeting and join Best Buddies. She may or may not take advantage of any COB opportunities that come her way, only time will tell.

Right now the bigger problem is she lives in the sorority area of campus (other side of campus from more traditional freshman housing). Bid Day celebration and activities will be all around her tomorrow. She asked me to take her away for the day. Thank goodness I took your advice and came down here. Her three suite mates will be busy all weekend with sorority activities. It is welcome week and she doesn't know anyone to go to activities (not even sure what they are and how many there are) with. She will ask her R.A. if there are any other freshman who maybe just moved in who she could introduce her to and she is planning to ask her Pi Chi if she could ask other pi Chi's if they have girls in their group who were released or who withdrew who would welcome a buddy to do things with.

Thanks everyone for your offers of recs, your advice and your support. If she does eventually join a sorority you can be sure I will pop on here and let you know!