Thread: weird situation
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 12:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
If you've jumped that hurdle as well, then know that many if not most chapters on your campus very well may not be interested in you. They will always view you as a member of "Fraternity A" (or they will always view you as a quitter, or both).
True statement. You've been INITIATED into another fraternity. You know all of their secrets and you now want to join another fraternity. If fraternity A wasn't what you were expecting, you should have left when you were pledging (and even then, fraternity B would probably look down upon you attempting to rush them).

Personally, if I was fraternity B, I'd be wary about letting someone into my organization who just went and found out every secret about another fraternity. Who's to say you wouldn't join fraternity B, drop, and then tell all of their secrets to other people, as you'd no longer have any loyalty to them, similar to your situation with fraternity A?

I'd say stick it out if you can. If not, you might have to consider not being a part of Greek life at all.

@~/~~~~