View Single Post
Old 09-03-2015, 12:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ-AlphaXi View Post
Its not that simple. Think of the first bid list like a box. The number of PMs that is quota goes into the box. You don't come out of the box until you match somewhere.

So if you are in sorority #1's top 87 you get a bid there. However, you don't move to looking at your 2nd choice until your first choice reaches quota. So, for example, you are #90 on your first choice's list. You might not match during first pass, but if/when 3 pnms that are in their first 87 get bids elsewhere, you at #90, get moved onto the bid list ie go into the box. The next time through the pms you match at your first choice.

So it doesn't matter where you are on your second or third chapter's bid lists, you continue to attempt to match to your first choice, until they make quota. Then, and only then, does the process move to looking at your second choice. The process then starts over with the second choice.
I apologize for the dumb question, and I apologize because this probably makes no sense, but let me take a stab at it.

Is it possible for no chapter to make quota in their top bid list? So, for example, sorority #1, #2, and #3 all have a top 87, but none of them make quota in their top 87. So, they are kind of at a standstill because no PNM's in their top 87 are matching elsewhere, making room for PNMs to move up and match with them. Do they keep going down their bid lists to reach those PNMs that weren't in their top 87, but ranked them first, until they reach quota? Or do they meet quota by matching the PNMs that ranked them 2nd or 3rd? Or - does this usually not happen because most chapters make quota from their top bid list?