View Single Post
Old 01-29-2005, 04:27 PM
GreekChat Member

I dunno... I think that it's sad to say that girls are going to be disappointed because where they were "meant to be" is in a sorority that's about to fold. I was thrilled when I got a bid into Delta Gamma (I'm talking, jumping up and down hugging my friends) and made the absolute most of it. I got active on campus, used it as a stepping stone to get to know other people in greek life, and ended up on several different "important" committees and as a member of exec. And yet, our chapter closed. And at the end of it, as sad as I was, I could look back and be thrilled that I still know that I pledged the chapter where I was "meant to be." Oh, and I personally think I'm one of those cute, active, personable girls that make great PNM's and later sorority members. Sure, noone wants to get into a sorority just to have it fold on them, and I'm not saying that, but I also wasn't comfortable with the "big" sororities on campus, even though I ended up having a lot of friends with girls in them. We had a rho chi once that told girls to go where they could imagine late nights in pajamas talking. I feel like that's the best advice ever. Even though I have friends in other sororities, those are the friends that I go to meetings with and out to 5 points with. The fond memories that I have with DG are the "boys suck" cakes after a bad break-up and the delirious nights when we put kool-aid in the shower heads. And there are some of you who are sitting there thinking how stupid that is... and that's my point. I'm not 100% sure that I could have had that somewhere else. And nothing, not even a chapter closing, can take that away.