View Single Post
Old 05-06-2017, 12:52 PM
GreekChat Member

AI Questions: Skype Sponsor?

Hi there.

I am interested in joining a sorority as an alumnae initiate. I'm from Canada, so the chances of an NPC sorority at your school of choice (I will be graduating from a specialized college), is very slim.

I reached out to NPC to inquire about any possible options for myself, and they told me about the alumnae initiate program and to reach out to any sororities of interest regarding this.

I've been doing research on different sororities since I was in the 7th grade (I am 21 now), so I have a little bit of understanding about what a few of the 26 NOC sororities have to offer (not 100% saying I'd be compatible, but still!). I reached out to my few of choice, and heard back from my #1 who said they'd be happy to help me with the process. I have a "sponsor" from the alumni association in my town, however, since all the chapters around me have closed down for my unknown reasons, I do not have a single person to act as my personal sponsor/big. Do you think this will affect affect experience in this sorority?

I am fully aware that the collegiate experience is very different from the alumnae experience, however, with having no other options to join an NPC sorority, this is my last shot.

I am moving to the USA within the next year or so, so locating chapters will be easier to volunteer with etc, however, I am curious to know if any sorority members (just in general) are willing to take on an individual as a metaphorical sponsor? I just want to see if I'm fully compatible with the kinds of individuals in my sorority of choice, and if they think I am as well. With being located in Ontario, places like New York, Michigan, and Ohio are fairly close, and I'd be more than willing to meet up with this said girl, or have Skype dates if outside this region, I just genuinely want to see if it's the right choice for me, and if I'm the right choice for the sorority.

You are all the sorority experts, and I want the honest answers on this!