Thread: Job Dislikes
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2023, 06:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post

Thank you for posting this, andthen. I had no idea you’re a nurse. That’s an amazing field to be in. I know it’s really hard but at the same time I’ll bet it’s very rewarding. Nurses go through a lot. I’m just like wow @ you placing a deceased person in a bag. I couldn’t. I just couldn’t do that. That’s too much.

Did you work as a nurse during Covid? What was that like?
Nursing has been a rewarding career, I don't do so much direct patient care anymore I do more of the administrative stuff and work in the public health sector. But I do have several friends who still work at the same hospital I worked at many moons ago. A few worked in the ICUs during the pandemic they said it was rough and quite stressful. My hats off to them truly.

Its funny working in any sort of medical field whether it be people or animals there are somethings that are just too much for each us as individuals. Putting the body in the bag was a bit weird but when I had to take it to the morgue...yeah that was my first time in a morgue.

One day I was at my vet's office picking up a med refill for my dog and they had the candle lit out on the front counter and gosh if I didn't get choked up. Mind you I've been going to that vet for ages and they've helped put several dogs down.