View Single Post
Old 01-12-2001, 05:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MIDWESTDIVA:
Who is affected when a woman aborts a child? At most, herself, the child and the father of the child. Who is affected when a man decides to walk away from his children? Our entire society.
I was going to stay away from this topic cuz I thinks its such a sensitive one, but here goes...
I want to play Devil's Advocate for just one minute... the quote above by MidWestDiva states that the only people affected when a woman has an abortion are herself, the father, and the child.
But how can we be so sure of that. Who knows what that child may grow to be. He/She could grow to be one of our greatest leaders, someone that could save us from pollution or fight racism, or create a cure for Cancer or AIDS, etc... In the future, they could turn out to be someone who would fight the good fight for whats right in our world.
In this way, society as a whole MIGHT BE affected by abortion. There's always a chance... Just as there's always a chance that the child that's not aborted and raised by a single parent may turn out to be a great leader or worker also... Not just another prison number. None of us really knows what God has in store for us.
I mean, have you ever thought that maybe the reason why we don't have too many TRUE LEADERS in our communities is because we've killed them before they were born?... just something to think about.

PEACE
SoloRHO
PS, Remember, for the most part, I'm just playing Devil's Advocate here...

[This message has been edited by SoloRHO (edited January 12, 2001).]