View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 01:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh_d View Post
Hello all!

My mom was in a sorority at home in California, so I have several recommendations for hers, but other then the few others that I know I have recommendations for (which is five) where do you all suggest I find other recommendations?

Also, I know rushing as a Sophomore isn't easy, is there anything else y'all could suggest before rush? I know it's early, but I want to be sure that I'm 100% prepared this year!
Make a list of all of the sororities at Auburn. Email and Tweet everyone you know that you're going through recruitment and seeking recs for those sororities. Does anyone know anyone? Will they ask for you? Post a message on your wall on Facebook. Have your mom do the same. Contact the alumnae panhellenic in your hometown in California to ask to be put in touch with alumnae of those sororities. Contact the alumnae associations of those sororities in your hometown asking the same. You can also contact the alumnae panhellenic in your college town with this request. Contact high school teachers, friends, relatives, everyone. There are tons of threads about this all over Greek Chat. You just have to keep asking people if they know anyone who knows anyone and to ask on your behalf. It is possible. As you get recommenders, ask if they know anyone in the sororities you still need recs for. And so on.

You also need to work very hard this year in school to get top grades. Get involved on campus. Look for activities Greeks are involved with to help you meet sorority women and make friends. It's helpful to know people in the chapters who will advocate for you. Don't make an idiot of yourself in social situations or become known as "that girl" who gets wasted/sleeps around all the time.