View Single Post
Old 03-24-2007, 09:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
LOL. You misunderstood me. Sorry for not being more clear. When you went through, you weren't so open minded and you didn't really give everyone a fair chance ( I can think of one in particular that you preffed but didn't like) and I believe you suicided. You say now that you really want to join a sorority, but if you'd listed all the groups you preffed on your final card, instead of suiciding, you'd probably be Greek now. Do you regret the choices you made?
No I don't regret the decisions I made. Yes I did suicide to one group and yes I really do still want to join a sorority. But the reason I suicided is simple: as much as I want to join a sisterhood of wonderful women, I want to feel comfortable within that group. While I respect them tremendously as a group of women and have done so much on the UCF campus that you can't not help but respect them. Yes if I had listed them on my pref card I probably would have gotten a bid from them, but the little glimpse I got I wasn't sure it was for me. Would you join a group if you weren't comfortable within them? As much as I want to be Greek, I want the girls to be my sisters. A sorority is for life and also for the years at college and at the time I wasn't sure I could commit myself. I do not regret my decision because I also believe I was at the wrong university and picked it for the wrong reasons. I have taken some time off from school and believe I am picking a school based on different things, not because of a strong greek system. I am thinking about rushing in the fall, but still haven't made any final decisions. I might stay in my hometown and go to a commuter campus with no greek system.

<<Sorry to hijack, but just answering the question asked me...you look up the rush thread under "liltrixx rush at UCF">>

<<I also listed the names of the groups back on my thread.>>