View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 11:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisfuller23 View Post
So I was wondering should I rush such a new chapter, or take a conservative route and rush a chapter that's already here for years? If I do take a gamble on a chapter that's only been here since last fall, what should I look for in such a chapter (beside the usual fitting in and clicking with brothers)? I've heard from people that newly created chapters don't usually do well the first few years...
Basically, are you conservative or are you a gambler in the rest of your life?

Are you willing to do the extra work it will take to help build an organization from the ground up? You will havethe responsibility for helping establish the reputation of a new fraternity. It is a lot harder to do that, but you can have great satisfaction in knowing that you were responsible for laying the groundwork for men to come for years.

If you are more comfortable in a well established organization with a reputation on campus that you will then be part of, then go with the established GLOs.

My advice is to STOP listening to "people". Do what is best for you. Go where you feel that you fit.

Sounds like you don't knwo much about AKL. Try reading the web site on AKL nationally. Take a look at other AKL chapters & their websites. Get a feel for the organization before making decisions.