View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 03:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by naraht View Post
See
http://belmont.edu/organizations/greek/how_to_join.html

Belmont University's Greek Life Mission is to promote student development by providing opportunities for scholarship, community service, campus involvement and fraternal friendship by ensuring all members a high quality and safe undergraduate experience. Eligibility requirements are as follows:

A cumulative GPA that meets the chapter's minimum requirements for new membership
A disciplinary record considered in good standing with the university (no violations resulting in probation, limited or institutional)
Must list more that one chapters on their Membership Recruitment Acceptance Binding Agreement (MRABA) following preference round (NPC Organizations)
Attendance at all formal recruitment events (IFC & NPC Organizations)
(my bolding)Any Belmont student who is eligible to receie a bid from a Greek organization will receive a bid from at least one Greek lettered organization.

Interfraternity Council: Alpha Tau Omega, Phi Kappa Tau
Panhellenic Association: Alpha Gamma Delta, Alpha Sigma Tau, Kappa Alpha Theta, Phi Mu,

My high school senior daughter is considering Belmont University and I noticed in the link above that recommendations for Panhellenic sororities are not "supported" by the university, so as to promote inclusivity.
Does this mean my daughter's recruitment would be negatively affected should recs be submitted on her behalf? Do they also somehow exclude or disguise the fact during recruitment that she is a legacy? Furthermore, don't many NPC groups require a rec in order to be initiated? How does Belmont dictate the customs and rules of the NPCs?