View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 02:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Girls do fall through the cracks when it is time to vote on pref round invitations (or any invitations for that matter) Just like in the real world, voting takes place and the outcome is not the expected one - that could have happened to your daughter. It could have happened for a variety of reasons. Sometimes strange turns of event take place during the long, stressful, emotional, late nights of recruitment. More than likely, those who knew her in the house were probably not able to convince the entire chapter. And, although I disagree with Benzgirl's assessment that in some chapters "only a safe bet" gets invited to pref, often the chapter will not extend a pref invite if a pnm is not well known among the membership. (by well known, I mean they don't easily recognize her name, etc.)

I have real questions about the phone call from the president because that sure seems like a major rush infraction to me. It almost sounds like they realized they totally messed up not inviting her and wanted to make sure they get a chance at her during COB before she starts considering another house.

Truthfully, there is often no rhyme or reason to what takes place during recruitment, and this could be one of those situations. It happened, and now she can do what's in her best interest and continue moving forward with this group.

Best of luck!