View Single Post
Old 08-07-2015, 11:59 AM
GreekChat Member

I remember as we were lining up outside the Sporty house, Trish leaned over and squeezed my hand. “I'm so in love with this group,” she whispered. She had been trying since the first day to impress Sporty. She had joined the football league – but wasn't athletic so didn't get much playing time. She always waved and greeted the members she knew. She was really infatuated with them. It was a bit of overkill and painfully obvious. She was also socially awkward and rather opinionated – this was going to be brutal for her.

We were taken inside Sporty to loud clapping and singing. That was a novel experience for me. I found myself picked-up with the girl who'd been the coach of our football team. After a few pleasantries about her great coaching and my athletic abilities she pointed out the trophy cases. “We win everything,” she stated. And it certainly looked like it! Their display was filled with trophies from Greek Week, Intramural sports, All Sing and Campus Skit Night. WOW! I don't remember their philanthropy, but I'm sure they had a trophy for that too. I was passed off to another girl I knew from my dorm, had a snack and then out the door. As we walked out and headed to the next house Trish was ecstatic and Deb was impressed, and I was really liking them. Even Sandy and Kathy were impressed.