View Single Post
Old 12-05-2001, 02:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Supporting yourself while in college! WTF?

Quote:
Originally posted by SH80er
No offense, really.
The majority of the people I know at my school and job support themselves financiallyAfter reading some recent posts it turns out a lot of you GCers also support yourself. The same people, bitch about paying bills and being poor.

To everyone who supports themself at college and pays their tuition/book/housing fees - I say more power to you and if you want to bitch about being poor and paying bills, thats your perrogitive b/c you are putting the extra effort forth to get an education - which by finacial standards is not always easy these days.

Luckily enough, my parents still pay my tuition and support me financially through college. But i know how blessed I am and that everyone does not have that luxury. I work my ass off to get good grades and make my parents proud and content that their money was put to good use.

We all don't go to school's where it is feasible or desirable to commute - I'm from chicago and I go to school in iowa - there wasn't anywhere near home i felt was right for me - and thats a matter of personal choice - some people are confined to one area for college, i had my pick of schools.

People who support themselves through college, i've found, often appreciate their education more and work hard to make the greade - becuase who wants to be blowing their own money?