View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 07:16 PM
GreekChat Member

1.) At rush event's , they want to get to know you! They will ask you questions about you to try to figure out what kind of person you are. They may ask what sports you've played, what you like to do in your spare time, your major, what clubs you are in on campus. They will most likely not bring up parties, and you shouldn't talk about drinking, partying, or hooking up.
2. Yes! If playing in that rap/rock band was something that you truely loved, then you can bring it up! It shows that you have an interest in music, and maybe the brother rushing you does too and the conversation can expand from there.
3. Not sure about 3. I know for my sorority, we were told how much dues were after bid day and they had to be paid in full before initiation. If we dropped, we got our money back. This may differ with each organization though so I don't want to say anything for sure.

Just remember - be yourself, smile, and relax! Not every chapter on campus may be a good fit for you, but each chapter is different and you will end up where you belong. Let us know how it goes!

These posts helped me and may help you as well. Fraternities and sororities are different, but the basics are the same. Avoid controversial topics, don't go on and on about partying, do not insult another organization, no gossiping (you never know who knows who!!).
http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...ad.php?t=30758