View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 12:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolguy View Post
I spoke to the Pledge Ed and he said it was simply that I wasn't outgoing enough and that I didn't allow them to get to know me (It's just how I am. I suppose it's an area I can improve on, but it's tough for me to open up) However, one of my close Pledge buddies spoke to one of the officers in the fraternity and that it was because I made out with a girl on the dance floor during one of our exchanges and that she didn't like it. Although she gave me her number after it happened(Didn't call her considering we were both drunk as hell) I'm not sure what the true reason behind for my drop. Maybe it's both or just one of them. Anyway, this sounds like a recipe for disaster and I just wish that he would have been brutally honest from the beginning.
So, yeah, it was more than "no one wanted to be my big brother".

You're going to get different answers because A. not everyone knows what "really" happened or B. they aren't allowed to talk about it.

It doesn't seem like they are willing to take you back. I would find ways to move on. This is a cautionary tale of people who ONLY make/stay friends with people in their fraternity/sorority.

Join some clubs, find friends in classes or the dorm. We can't tell you what your chances are in joining another chapter (in case you were going to ask). If you are interested in pursuing another fraternity, you need to BE FRIENDS with people first. Not for the reason of possibly pledging at some point, but for the sake of simply creating relationships.

Good luck.