View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 08:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzgirl View Post
Actually, 25/100 is not really true. It just hasn't changed for a long time, so that is what everyone says it is.

Several schools in Ohio have a "campus total" and it was always based on historical data of panhellenic recruitment results, as well as what has been going on in the Greek Community over the past 3 - 5 years. It was originally designed as a way of ensuring no one chapter/ or group of chapters was dominant.

When I was at The OSU, Campus Total was 105 with nearly all but 2 or 3 chapters out of 18 reaching quota and campus total. I can't remember what quota was, but my pledge class was 36. Now, Panhellenic is not having such good luck; less than half of the 14 chapter are reaching the quota and limits.

Clarification on quota. It is, "A pre-determined quota of 25 or the number of vacancies to fill to campus total (whichever is lower shall be allowed during Formal Recruitment)." Quota and Total can be amended by a 3/4 vote by the Panhellenic Association.

There are a lot of things about this system that appeal to me.

Since they are having trouble with the current goals, why do you think they aren't lowering total? Do you think lowering total would encourage more groups to reach total or would fewer girls pledge?