View Single Post
Old 06-24-2003, 07:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Eclipse
I thought about this thread recently...

During my recent class reunion a friend who is married to a corporate mover and shaker had a party at her house. She invited the entire class (there were probably about 70 folks from my class there) and their significant other. Everyone was asking her what do you want me to bring, what can I bring, etc. and she was ADAMANT that we were not to bring a thing, she had everything covered. When we got there she had valet parking, a hired "greeter" at the door, servers passing the hor's d'eouvers (I can NEVER spell that word!), and a fully stocked bar with 2 bartenders!! I wondered if people ignored her saying don't bring anything and showed up with something anyway.
You know, that's a good point. If someone is "adamant" about you not bringing anything, or if it's clear that this will be a hosted and catered affair, rather than a casual dinner party, I will usually just bring myself or if I know the host pretty well, just some flowers/plant. Then I might follow-up with a thank you card later if I just brought myself.