View Single Post
Old 07-26-2007, 03:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy_lxvi View Post
Hate to be a pain about this, but you're wrong. A woman is not automatically fertile the moment she stops taking the pill, and it's ridiculous to say she is, otherwise, rather than having a period during those seven days you're taking the sugar pills, you'd be getting pregnant. Sometimes it's as little as one day, sometimes it takes weeks or months. Sometimes a woman who stops taking the pill because she's trying to have a baby will have to actually take a few doses a couple of months down the road to "kick start" her reproductive system into ovulating properly again. (This is what often happens when a woman 'skips' a pill and gets knocked up: she's dropped the hormone level, then given it a little kick, and her system shoots out an egg.) I have numerous family members in professions related to reproductive physiology (not all of them HUMAN reproductive physiology I admit), have worked in one myself, and we ALL like to talk shop.

It always amuses me when I meet a woman who knows less about her ovaries than I do.
You're not necessarily fertile but you are potentially fertile, just like any other time that a woman is not on birth control. That's what she was saying.