Thread: Bad Gifts
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2004, 05:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Studio 33 (aka The Bob Barker Studio), CBS Television City
ttt

Well, I have read but never posted in this thread, so here goes:

Well, fortunately, I have been victim to receiving VERY few cheap gifts, but here are some that I really didn't care for:

1987 (high school freshman)--my grandmother gave me and my younger brother Frito-Lay sweatshirts--mine was a yellow shirt that had a replica of the Fritos corn chip bag design--in large lettering and all. Yall, I was literally a walking Fritos bag.

I wore it to school one time and got clowned royally. Everyone was singing the then-current Fritos jingle "Munchabunchamunchabuncha Fritos corn chip lunch".

I never wore that sweatshirt again, even though a cute junior consoled me by admitting that she had a Ruffles bag sweatshirt.

At least my younger brother had a cooler looking Chester Cheetah sweatshirt with the tagline: "It's not easy being cheesy".

1988--my mother's boyfriend gave me some one-piece pajamas, you know, the ones with the buttoned-up trapdoor on the butt. I wore it the first few weeks to please him, then I "lost" them.

2003--You remember the mullet craze on GC last year? Well, my youngest brother, the family smart-aleck, got me the ultimate gag gift: A box of Pink relaxer kit.

Last edited by Rain Man; 11-30-2004 at 05:37 PM.