View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 01:32 PM
GreekChat Member

My husband and I are going to his cousin's wedding this weekend, and I think it may be a doozy. Our invitation came addressed to "Dave and Samantha", which would be fine...if my name was Samantha. My shower invitation had the correct first name, but the last name was spelled incorrectly. To top it off, I received an e/m from the bride-to-be yesterday, and I'm still shaking my head. It reads, it part, " For those of you who have yet to buy us a gift, please note that our registry has been completed. Etiquette requires that your cash gift must at least cover your dinner. We paid $29.00 a plate, so each couple at minimum should give at least $60.00. Also, please note that we are having a money tree to help pay our honeymoon expenses. Thanks."

My husband has been begging me not to give them a copy of Emily Post's Etiquette as a gift. Sadly for him, it's already been purchased..I just don't know if I'm mean enough to give it to them.