View Single Post
Old 06-30-2000, 09:21 PM
Omega Sis

It took me awhile, but this one is from "Omega" members.

5. What's the distinction between an "Omega Man" & a "Que Dog"?

An "Omega Man" is the name sake term bestowed upon members of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. once it's members cross the burning sands. A "Que-Dog" is a mythical term used to identify pledges while on line during the final stage of the pledge process. It's important to understand that "Que Dogs", canine calls, and camouflage paraphenelia doesn't directly reflect the entire outlook of the organization as set in the guideline by the Grand Chapter. *Please note* Never address or call a member of Omega a "Que-Dog" for it is rather disrespectful. In essence "MEMBERSHIP HAS IT'S PRIVLEDGES!"

5b. "Why the DOG image?

Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc does not have, nor has it ever endorsed, a mascot of any type to be representative of the organization. So why do so many Omega Men like the "dog" image? "WE ARE NOT DOGS even though those who misunderstand us would view us otherwise because we possess a dawg-matic determination to make changes and the tenacity to see them through, the loyalty of man's best friend and the guardianship to protect the ones we truely love."

This analogy was written by the chapter members of Fayetteville State.

Quote:
Originally posted by DiSTinguished:
Omega Sis,
I don't know if your brother is an Omega or whether you are an E or what, but the term Que is NOT used when someone is on line. I have no idea where you got your information, but again, people on line are NOT called Ques. It is a term for members of Omega Psi Phi, in fact most neos are proud to call themselves Ques AFTER they have gone over....as far as older men, I know some older Ques (maninly my friends' dads) and they call themselves Ques all the time, but not necessarily Q-dog.......Anyway, there aren't many Ques on this website so I am responding on their behalf. As far as the origial question.....it is a secret known only by Omegas!!