View Single Post
Old 03-16-2015, 04:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalityphi View Post
I joined a npc sorority, i absolutely fell in love with my chapter and sisters, i pledged and became active, after my first semester- i was supposed to have a position and had a strong possibility of gaining a little. however after my first semester i unfortunately left the college and had to go inactive. the school i am currently attending does not have a chapter of my sorority. i am constantly visiting my old chapter and i attend many of their events and i meet the potential new members every semester. I am graduating early and hope to go elsewhere for grad school. i have been told that joining a sorority in grad school is not an option.

i was wondering because im not "joining" an org if it was a different situation. if i was just becoming active again, if that is a viable option? i was told going alumnae makes you ineligible for positions or littles. is this true? has anyone had this experience before?
Quote:
The same org just a different chapter
Quote:
i am not looking to get position or little at old school because i am inactive, i am speaking in terms of joining a new chapter of the same sorority. my whole purpose for not attending the school i am currently enrolled in was because it is a very small town and i am not a fan of the people.... which is why i went to the first school. at the first school, i had many friends who i spent time with between and after classes. at my current school, i go to class and leave i would rather not spend my time there
I'm sorry, I'm somewhat confused.

You want to get involved where? You said you still spend a considerable amount of time at the old school (where you joined), right? Where is the new chapter you want to join? You mean, at your graduate school? Like, there is a chapter there and you want to become active?

Well if that's the case, I can tell you there have been other threads about that very topic, and in graduate school you're not going to have that kind of time. And there are other factors which come into play that generally work against grad students being involved in an undergraduate chapter.

That said, every NPC member sorority has its own policy on graduate students. But if you are an alum, you can't go back and be an active, is my take. However you'd best ask this question of your own Headquarters.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity