View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 05:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolefille View Post
Preaching to the choir. Maybe I'm old fasioned (oh wait I'm Catholic, I must be ) but wedding cakes are white... cakes. Not pink and with little danglies or funky shaped or whatever. There are cakes covered in white frosting possibly on tiers but that's as liberal as I go.

But I think that Ace of Cakes mentality is what's fueling this. It's not good enough to have just a cake, it has to be a special super expensive cake and if you can't afford that you better fake it or else it's social suicide.

Not that the AoC thing is bad altogether, if you want to splurge, fine. But why go with the fake cake instead of a normal nice looking one?
Have you ever seen how much an Ace of Cake's cake cost??? "All of our cakes start at $500. Tiered cakes start at $8 a serving, and go up from there. Pricing is determined on a cake-by-cake basis, by the complexity of the design. Once you have figured out roughly what the cake looks like and how many people you need to feed, we can give you a pretty accurate price estimate." (http://www.charmcitycakes.com/) I don't know if I'd pay $500 for a Birthday cake, especially if that's just the starting price!