View Single Post
Old 10-07-2019, 06:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Man, some of the comments on here, especially the ones towards Sphinxie are brutal. Let's not attack or assume things about one another. It's one thing to offer sound advice and offer constructive criticism, but it is another to just come at the throat of others and be unkind. None of us in particular know how the numbers work, but I also cant blame people for being curious. It is quite fascinating to think about how they arrive at their selections.

On another note, I do agree that the OP should have given the sorority a chance. I hope she will consider rushing again, or going through COB.

GreekRank is a terrible website. I wish they would take it down. It skews the view of so many different greek orgs. A lot of the comments on there, in my opinion, seem to be from disgruntled people who were dropped by that house during rush, people who actually have no tie to the sorority at all, or disgruntled exes who hate "XYZ" because their ex was one. Haha. Not very reliable reviews or accurate descriptions of how life in that greek org actually are. But I hate it! I actually know girls that chose to drop out of recruitment bc they saw that the last few houses they were invited to didn't have a good review on GreekRank. Crazy, I know. But, I definitely don't think it does the Greek community any favors that is for sure. However, if you base your entire decision, or even part of your decision of which house to run to on Bid Day off of the ranking on GreekRank...well, perhaps it wasn't in your best interest to join in the first place. I mean, almost every comment ON GreekRank is negative.

I hope OP chooses to go back through! Don't give up so easily OP Take it as a honor that a sorority wanted to have you as a sister. Go for it! You never know what might happen. Not every sorority "sells" themselves super well through recruitment. They could have been nervous, new, etc. A lot of the time it's as nerve-wracking on both ends! Give them a fair chance and see what happens! It may be the best thing you ever did!

What does it matter if a sorority is considered a "high tier" or "low tier" sorority, when you are considering joining? It's all about the individual bonds of sisterhood and forever friendships that are formed, and where you feel you fit. Who cares what is considered high, middle or low tier if you love the org you are a part of? In my opinion, these "ranks" are stereotypes that other people have placed on them, and have nothing to do with the actual members, experience, sisterhood, or climate of the org. They are just hurtful to the members, and turn PNMs away. Form your own opinion!

Best of luck!

Last edited by anongreek; 10-07-2019 at 11:36 PM.