GreekChat Member

I went through rush about 7/8 years ago. The sororities at the school:
ADPI
Chi O
Tri Delt
Theta
Phi Mu
Zeta
The first day was an open house, as well as the general meet & greet. I already knew a little bit about the sororities, so I wasn't completely clueless. The first house I went to was Theta & I loved it! I don't remember the order after that, I just remember I liked Theta, Zeta, and ChiO. Some of the other houses were considered really strong houses too, I just wasn't feeling it there. After the 2nd round of parties, my opinion hadn't changed, I still liked the same three. You could only go 3 for the third round
so ofcourse I put Theta, ChiO, and Zeta. I was invited back to Chi O and Theta. I was thrilled!!! Both had great third rounds, but Theta had a more upbeat, fun feel. I remember the girls seemed genuinely excited to see me again & I just got the "warm, fuzzy" feeling from them. I was really getting my heart set on Theta. I felt pretty confident that they wanted me too, but there was also that nagging voice of "what if they cut you?" Anyway, my mind was made up after pref. night. I was rushed by a girl that I was friends with from the year before & our conversation & the feel of the party was so natural. I remember this too; I wore a black dress to the party and all the Thetas were dressed in black dresses also. I already fit right in!

So Bid Day came and I knew I could be happy in either house b/c they both fit my personality, but I really favored Theta. We met out on this lawn and our Rho Chi passed out little envelopes. I was so anxious...I ripped the envelope & there was the crest! I was going to be a Kappa Alpha Theta! I remember running all the way to the Theta house & hugging my friend that rushed me. She told me later that a bunch of them were so worried I was going to come around the corner with some other sorority shirt on. I can't imagine not going Theta. I was sold on them, almost from the beginning.