View Single Post
Old 11-08-2004, 01:42 PM
GreekChat Member

It sounds like you "joined" a colony. And while each campus is different, and as such, there may be different guidelines, from what you've written...

Quote:
"I have not paid semester dues or even filled out my new member card that goes to the school"
and...
Quote:
"I have talked to a greek life counselor and he said that I should not have a problem"
as well as...
Quote:
"This is their first semester on campus."
I would say that in general, it should be fine to rush in the spring. However - and isn't there often a however - however, some specific chapters may have an issue.

If you are interested in rushing a specific chapter or chapters in the spring, my suggestion would be to assess if they - the other chapters - are open to rushing men who are in your situation (i.e. withdrew from the colony).

I am not sure if you will need some sort of a release from the current chapter since you stated you didn't sign your membership card. But to be safe, be sure to check with the Greek Life Counselor about this.

An additional piece of advice. Do not dwell on the reasons why you withdrew - or didn't sign your card as the case may be - from the previous fraternity. But if asked, keep your reply short, simple, honest and positive. Then move on. This applies to now and when you rush in the spring.

Again, most chapters will not have an issue with you based on what you have written.

Best of luck.