Thread: Game of Thrones
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 07:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
I just finished reading the Red Wedding section of the third book A Storm of Swords. I did NOT see that coming. WOW!
Yeah, no one expects the Red Wedding.

Quote:
Catelyn Stark irritates me as the show progresses AND as the book progresses. The characters I don't care for at all are mainly the females except Dani and Arya. Arya because she's so badass for a little girl and Dani because she takes charge of her destiny. Love her for that!
Martin's done a good job, i think, of writing a world where women get the shit end of the stick but still having the female characters react in completely different ways, we have Cersei who's just bitter now and losing herself in drink among other things, Sansa who has very much learned her fairy tale isn't real and is starting to gain the knowledge and cunning to make her own way, Brianne who lost her heart to Renly but fought with the sword rather than her wit, and so on. I love Arya though Dany is actually more interesting to me in the show than she was before. The end of book one pissed me off at her I think. (Not the very end, but Drogo and all that that I won't spoil right now.)
Quote:
Daddy Lannister is a DICK! No other words to describe him. That's what makes Tyrion my favorite though b/c reading & watching his verbal sparring with others is always amusing. I love Peter Dinklage's portrayal of Tyrion. It's awesome!
Oh man, Tywin fucked everyone up. But rumors not withstanding, he does not shit gold...