View Single Post
Old 01-11-2005, 05:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ADPi Conniebama
i wish we had greek chat when i was rushing '89

OK something that I wish someone had told me when I was going through rush.

Everyone wants to talk about themselves or their house. Even if you don't think you are interested in that sorority at that time if you listen to what the "rusher" has to say maybe you would like that what you hear about that sorority or just that sorority girl you are talking to.

Also, a sorority is not going to give you a bid if you state through words and/or actions that you are not interested in that sorority. They would rather give a slot to a girl who is interested. SO, unless you are 100% sure that you ARE going to receive a bid from XYZ sorority that you have put on the top of your list (which no-one {NO ONE} is every 100% sure) then tell each and all sorority/ies that you are visiting that you are interested in learning more about that sorority or that you have liked everything you have heard so far.

I came from a real small chapter (chapter total when I was in school was ~65) If a girl came through rush that I knew wasnt interested in going my sorority then the selection process would assure that the uninterested rushee would not take the place of an interested rushee.

In other words, don't act like you are too good to visit each sorority (even out of nerviousness) because yes the girls within the sorority talk but I also remember talking with my roommate at the time who was a girl from another sorority about rush (not specifics mind you) but about funny things that happened or just interesting rush stories.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST my brother (KA) told me before I went through rush . . ."it is not important that the sorority you get into be the "best" as long as you graduate from the "best". Of course I think I did (I am sure everyone believes they graduated from the best sorority.)< didn't totally understand what he meant until I got a little older.