View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 10:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Abby picked up her pref invitations earlier today and told me that she saw three names through the paper. She was excited to get a full schedule this round! But when she opened the paper, her heart dropped. It said:

Ranjit
Zoey
Wendy the Waitress

She called me, SOBBING. Lily had dropped her! Her favorite house, her favorite girls, her favorite philanthropy…gone. She knew the three houses that she got were great houses (and she was so glad Patrice finally dropped her), but she had it in her mind that she would get a bid from Lily and live happily ever after. She told me she didn’t want to be anything but a Lily, but I told her not to drop from recruitment. I told her to continue on with an open mind. She ultimately agreed, and told me she would go fix her make-up and go to her parties.

Ranjit - She said she had a lovely time at their pref party. She said the stories they told and speeches they made were heartwarming and genuine. She could tell their sisterhood was strong, but she didn’t feel like they were her sisters. They felt like friends…and she wanted the bond of sisterhood.

Zoey
- She again had a good time. She said the girl who rushed her treated her so kindly and told her that she'd love to see her on bid day. But sadly Abby knew Zoey wasn’t for her. She liked the girls and knew they’d do well with numbers, but she just couldn’t see herself as a Zoey.

Wendy the Waitress - She absolutely had a wonderful time. She said that their party was so moving, that it actually made her tear up (and she’s not usually a crier!!). She could tell that the sisters were all very close and she felt it too. She finally felt the bond she has been yearning for. She knew this is where she belongs. The girls felt like they were already her sisters. She wanted nothing more than to be a Wendy the Waitress!!

So finally, it was time to sign her bid card. She told me she ranked them as so:

1. Wendy the Waitress
2. Ranjit
3. Zoey

Crossing my fingers and toes and hoping she gets her first choice!! Ahh I'm so excited and nervous for her!!!
🌙
BGSU