View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 01:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down

The worst (yet somehow funniest ) thing about my sister's wedding reception was the piles of clean dishes stacked in grey washbuckets on the floor in the middle of the room (we're not that kind of Greek).

The room had three gently-tiered levels (top for wedding party, middle for guests, lower bar area); dishes were left on middle level next to top but by several guest tables. All bodies had to maneuver around the stack. Despite several members of the wedding party asking reception staff to remove them, they remained for the entire six hours of merriment (eight pm to two am).

I always put it off to: A) my sister booked the reception hall two months prior (although someone else had cancelled, so the place was still making money); B) there were five separate, busy, weekend event rooms at the reception hall; C) some staff members possibly were not aware our room was being used that night, so they put all their cleaned dishes in a convenient spot during dayshift; and D) the one-and-only dishwashing room was directly next to ours.

The reception hall no longer exists, it's a CVS store and parking lot.

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.