View Single Post
Old 04-27-2007, 10:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamma_girl52 View Post
I'm in Georgia, and we are experiencing lots of growth here (there are 4 groups in Atlanta alone!!) as well as in the South. It's because we travel--whether to another chapter in support or to other schools that don't have GSS there. A lot of the inquiries I get are from people who say "I know x person from ABC University and she is a Gamma Sig--I like what they are about" to seeing pics of us on Facebook! That would be something I would encourage members in other areas to do. Get outside of the comfort of your chapter and travel, travel, travel. But I also understand how difficult it can be when you don't have but so many people in that area.
That's a great suggestion. I do try to wear para more, now that aI am in my home state where we had a chapter. Where I lived for the past 10 years, I was in a very rural area. I still wore letters but doing so alone, people are not likely to talk to someone about them. I am soooo bummed I can't go to Convention - imagine the stir all our letters are going to make at the airports! I am hoping that I can go in 2009 (health pending).

I am going to talk to my alum sisters and see what they think. I am the youngest by 20 years, so I can learn from their experience. I just hope that I am not too late in my area. Thanks for the advice!