View Single Post
Old 05-23-2003, 08:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PrincessHeather
We use scrapbooks out here too. We have some girls in my chapter that go all out with them (myself included). Since it is only us and one other group in Panhellenic we both have our scrapbooks out at the table in quad during informal and info days.

Back to the whole 'go all out deal', has anyone heard of Creative Memories? It is a scrapbooking company that puts on parties. (like candle parties and stuff). sisters put these on all the time. We have even had a scrapbook party with the consultant at a chapter meeting!! Creative Memories consultants even put on workshops for us where they supply everything and you just bring the pictures. Very cool. (These parties are a good idea for a social with other sororities too; we haven't done this but I'll let you all know how it works out)

Also, during Rush since there is no houses out here every party is on campus so we came up with something last year that worked very well to decorate the room and have the same feel as scrapbooks. We call them "Sister Boards". As our Membership Recruitment Chair last year, I went to the fabric store and bought tons of fabric. I tried to get a big variety of cute different patterns and then let the sisters pick what they wanted. I also gave them a big board of cardboard. (it pays to work in retail sometimes) Each sister in our chapter made their own board and put whatever they wanted on it. We then hung them up all over the room. They were so cute and they were a lot of fun to show all the pnm the different types of women in our sorority.

But anyway to sum up my entire post: I love scrapbooks!!

Last edited by PrincessHeather; 05-23-2003 at 08:24 PM.