View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 01:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiSis View Post
I participated in an installation and we were told to wear white. This was very different than what we wore back in my collegiate days, probably similar to what honeychile is describing. I must say I don't know if policy changed, the fact that my chapter is very old (100 years old next year!) and we wore original initiation garb, or if installations are different than regular initiations. Besides, our initiations were done in the middle of the night with about 82 things that are now considered hazing, so I know at least part of it has changed.

Too bad we can't share stories - I've got one or two funny ones!
One of the sisters in my alumnae association shared a little bit about her initiation (at another campus) that might be similar to yours, and it was wild.

I will say this about my Alpha Xi initiation - I was blown away. I thought it might be because it was so long coming for me, but then again, I don't see how it could be any less beautiful or meaningful to anyone experiencing it. There's a phrase that I've heard a lot - and many sororities have used it - that their sorority isn't something they "joined," but rather, something that they have always been. THAT is how I felt at initiation.