View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 05:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzTheta View Post
Hi! haven't been paying attention to GC for a few days.

The Theta, PiPhi, Kappa facilities at UofA (Arizona, folks) go back to circa 1917. I adore the Kappa and PiPhi facilities... truth: I have major envy of the Kappa property. Major. It is simply spectacular, IMO. I believe 70+ members can live in!

Architecture:in Tucson there's a hodge-podge/mishmash of styles, depending on when building occurred. Not a unified look at all, like Santa Fe NM, for example.

I will take AZ-Alpha Xi with me, go for a walk, and get photos (she's better at it than I am) of the facilities on our campus.

There are two fairly NEW facilities on campus, and just for fun, I'm going to not say which ones they are. I'll post photos and see if you guys can guess (no cheating from the AZ folks on GC, please).
Gamma Phi's pink palace is another oldie. It was built in 1925 and houses 59 women.

Historic preservation is one of my hobbies and I love looking at old sorority and fraternity houses. In my research I've seen many of the original houses of chapters that now have houses that were built in the latter part of the 20th century. The styles were much more homogenous and very typical of the southwest during the time they were built.